Business Meeting Recap
First off, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for our church body. Hearing the stories from various individuals of how God has really worked through our church is encouraging. Thank you to everyone!
As we move forward from our business meeting, continue to keep our church in your prayers. We long to grow and to be able to sustain that growth (through the Holy Spirit.) This growth is both in our number and of course in our spiritual maturity. We long to see Parkland transformed by good news of Jesus Christ and to have our hearts awakened to a deeper and fuller revelation of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Below, I have included the pamphlet that was handed out during the meeting that highlights some of what has been done through 2017 into this year.
I wanted to point out a few things that were shared during the meeting.
- Jason Hemmings announced that we will, again, be doing a "Wipeout" event for Parkland outreach in August this year. Excited for this!
- Jode Pulley announced that we will be helping James Sales with school supplies this year.
- Elaine Kvamme announced that this year, we will begin to support the Hunters who are missionaries in Chile.
- A budget has been formed by the lead team and approved by last year's council for 2018.
- In 2017 we were able to take Pastor Dan on full time and hire Troy Gessler as a part-time administrator.
- We are still looking for a church building for our church as we continue to outgrow the current area we are in. Please be praying for this process and notify us if you see any potential places for our congregation.
- We will be having a church picnic and baptisms in July this year.
- We will be having a greater impact on PLU as students return for the 2018-2019 school year.
Other than this, church members will also vote for the ratification of council members. The last day to get ballots turned in is this Saturday at our church building. If you are currently not a member and would like to become one or have questions about church membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The pamphlet below was handed out at the business meeting. Please take a look at this information. As we stated in the pamphlet, we are committed to handling all finances with complete honesty and openness. So if you would like to reach out about anything below please do by emailing us at email@example.com
* The Foursquare tithe in 2016 was more than 10% because we back paid for some of 2015 as well.
* Outside offerings come from individuals outside of Parkland Foursquare, many of whom gave monthly for a set period of time to help Parkland Foursquare launch in the first few years of our church plant.
A note from Pastor Dan:
Thank you for your generosity. My family and I are having the best time of our life. Planting this church has been an adventure like nothing else. Jesus is continuing to transform Parkland and it is a joy to partner with Him together. Let us keep our eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our faith, He is our Rock and our Salvation!