Article below was copied from copied directly from CRU.ORG
Take a few minutes now to work through these questions so you can be ready for the next open door God gives you to tell your story.My Life Before Christ
- What about my life before Christ will relate most to the non-Christians I know?
- What did my life revolve around? Where did I get my security, identity or happiness from?
- How did those things begin to let me down?
- When was the first time I heard the gospel? What were my initial reactions?
- When and why did my perspective of Christ begin to change?
- What were the final struggles that went through my mind just before I accepted Him? Why did I finally decide to receive Christ (or give Him complete control of my life)?
- How is my life different now? List some specific changes in your character, attitude and perspective on life.
- What motivates me now? What do I live for?
- Even though my life still isn’t perfect, how does knowing Christ help me deal with that fact?
Now that you’ve answered these questions, take a few minutes to write out your story as if you were telling it to someone. For more on writing your story read Preparing Your Personal Testimony.Helpful Hints
- Pray before you write out and share your story. Ask God for wisdom and the words to say.
- Write the way you speak.
- Be honest.
- Aim to keep your story to three to five minutes. At that length, it's easily something you can share in a conversation without it becoming a monologue.
- Practice your testimony out loud several times until you feel comfortable with it.
Congratulations! You’ve created your personal testimony.
The Lord can use you to help others come to know Christ. Ask God for opportunities to share your story and the gospel with others. Explore more articles on sharing the gospel to learn more.
Check out 10 Tips for Telling Your Story.