• Don’t boast about your fast. Let people know you won’t be eating only if necessary (Mt. 6:16–18)
• Don’t fast alone. Find one other person or a group to fast with.
• Check your motives. Any impure motive will grow along with good motives. For example: if you pretend to fast to draw closer to God, but are secretly fasting to lose weight you will likely become more vain and prideful.
• Sometimes impure motives will be revealed during your fast; these is normal, simply repent and turn your focus back on Jesus.
• If you fail in your fast, don’t give up. Press reset, receive mercy, and start over.
• Have a clear target as your prayer focus. "Without a vision (a clear, prophetic prayer goal), the people run wild"(prov 28:18) Write down your vision, so you can run with it (Hab. 2:2)
• Feel free to rest a lot and continue to exercise with supervision
• Take time to pray and read the Word. This may seem obvious, but busyness and distractions can keep you from devotions.