Summary of the community of power:
1. Signs and wonders regularly done
2. They continue to be of one mind pertaining to mutual consent or agreement—‘with one mind, by common consent, unanimously.
3. They were held in high esteem or honor. They had credibility.
4. Some were afraid to join, they were losing some but keeping others who refused to live in hypocrisy
5. At the same time more people than ever were surrendering to Christ
6. There were so many people who wanted healing they began lining the streets where Peter walked.
7. People were hearing about it from nearby towns and coming to see what the hubbub is about. The disenfranchised come to the Apostles.
a. Jesus -The outcasts and those who were disillusioned with the world came to Him to see Him and to be healed by Him. Jesus said it was the sick that needed the doctor and not the well
b. David- The outcasts and those that were considered "ugly" (whether in deed or societally) came to David at the cave of Adullam. David drew these men onto himself and did not cast them off. He made warriors and mighty men out of them.
c. Jesus people Movement. Hippies and disenfranchised of America were coming into churches to hear the good news and some churches were turning them away because they were not the "followers" they were expecting. They were not ready for God's move among the seemingly unmovable.
d. Coal miners to George Whitfield. These people were cast-offs from society. They were the hard and "unredeemables." God calls into existence that which is not. Even though they were destitute George was faithful to Jesus' heart to preach the good news to those who were "sick" and they were miraculously healed.
e. Are you ready for the disenfranchised
And here comes the jealous Sadducees. They’re reputation was at stake. Watch what happens when a reputation becomes threatened. They jail them and try to remove them from the scene so that they can have no "competition" for the loyalty of the people.
8. You cant stop these Apsotles (even by jailing them!) "Lo I am with you always, all authority in heaven, Spirit will give you power, gates of hades shall not prevail."
9. Angelic beings are encouraging the Apostles to keep doing the ministry of Christ publicly regardless of persecution
10. They were obedient to this. (they were just beat in the temple)